Strategy execution is a vital competency. Seven top activities are:
- Priority 1 – Effectively communicate the decision(s) made as part of the strategy
- Identify specific actions – initiatives, programs, projects
- Establish milestones and track progress against them.
- Foster accountability so that individuals know and agree with metrics
- Give people the resources, authority to execute. Allow for discretion.
- Get the right people involved from the beginning
- Measure individual performance and make it more consequential.
Greg helps individuals and teams select the right concepts and practices for execution. He has a number of effective techniques for strategy execution, and has conveniently packaged them into a seminar, Leading Strategic Initiatives (Program Management).